Saturday, June 20, 2009

craig from craigslist.

I was just rereading Robin's post about craigslist. It reminded me of a little story about the crazy city that I live in:

One day, last week, I was out with a friend who knows the city pretty well. We had just been to the California Academy of Sciences (it's been renovated, and it's AWESOME). Mc, my friend, has a membership, so he can always bring in someone for free with him. We arranged to make this happen prior to me starting classes. It did! I could go on and on about the Academy, but, I guess, that's not what this story is about...Anyway. We were taking the bus away from the Academy to a burger place. When we were on the bus, Mc said, "You see that guy sitting over there in the hat? That's Craig. As in, Craigslist. He's they guy who invented it." I was skeptical at first, then incredulous. Then I picked my jaw up off the ground (I mean, he is a celebrity or something, right?) and then I had a million questions: How did he create it? Does he make money off of it now? Do people know him and yell out to him regularly? I still don't really know any of these answers. I have failed to do further research in this area.

Mc knows him from some sidewalk poetry readings that he does a few days a week. He always tried to get this guy to stop, and one day, he did. "This guy" turned out to be Craig. Crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home